From the editors of Videomaker Magazine comes this new edition that you have been waiting for. The Videomaker Guide Digital Video, fifth edition, provides information on all of the latest cutting edge tools and techniques necessary to help you shoot and edit video like the pro’s.
Learn about equipment, lighting, editing, audio, high definition, and all aspects of video from the leading experts on videography!
Professional commercial photographer and digital imager Jeff Schewe (based in Chicago, USA) has teamed up with best-selling Photoshop author Martin Evening to provide advanced Photoshop users with never before seen tips and techniques.
Building on Martin Evening's successful Adobe Photoshop for Photographers series of titles, this new guide takes Photoshop users to further depths exploring the power of Photoshop CS4. Highly visual, with clear, step-by-step tutorials, this advanced guide will appeal to those who want to take Photoshop beyond the boundaries.
In this first edition, Martin Evening and Jeff Schewe each describe in detail how to carry out some of their favorite Photoshop image editing and retouching techniques – many of which are illustrated using photographs are taken from real-life professional shoots. The techniques described here don't just show you clever things you can do in Photoshop, they show how you can use Photoshop in a professional context, meeting the demands of art directors and how to meet tricky briefs.
But don't be put off by the thought that this is a book for advanced professional Photoshop users only. A lot of the tips and techniques shown in this book are easy to learn and clearly explained throughout.
* Become a Photoshop master with teaching from the dream team of professional photographers, Martin Evening and Jeff Schewe
* Unique, step-by-step tips and tricks will ensure your images stand above the rest
* Learn how to process your photos better using Camera Raw and Photoshop, plus the art of making great prints.
“Show me a world I haven’t seen before!” These words from veteran cinematographer Barry Braverman will resonate as you read (and re-read) this revamped edition of Video Shooter. The third edition takes you beyond the technicalities of sensors, lenses, and tripods, to instill a practical and inspired appreciation for the craft of both the camera and the stories you choose to tell. Braverman draws from decades of personal experience on high-profile documentaries and feature films to explain the makings of a compelling visual storyteller.
This is no ordinary dull-as-dishwater camera book! With wit and humor Video Shooter, Third Edition explores the discipline of the 2D and 3D imagemaker, from the need to maintain a clear point of view and eyeline, to the emotional impact of lens choice and color palette. You’ll learn to avoid generic shots and angles, and apply the principle of exclusion to maintain rigorous control of the frame. You’ll understand how close-ups can drive a story and how composition, selective focus, and simple lighting direct the viewer’s eye inside the frame. Most of all you’ll learn not to make it too easy ? by challenging your viewers, you’ll elevate the value of your work and your reputation as a craftsman.
Whether you shoot with a sophisticated 4K camcorder, large-sensor DSLR, or an iPhone, the lessons of Video Shooter, Third Edition will enhance your storytelling skills by helping you exploit a camera’s capabilities to the maximum.
New to Video Shooter, Third Edition:
* 3D storytelling and techniques fundamentals of image capture and stereo production with an emphasis on simple integrated one-piece 3D camcorders
* Video storytelling with DSLRs how to get the best look out of these large sensor cameras despite the compromises
* Post-camera imaging, filtering, stabilizing
* Outputting your show to the Web or DVD
* Insights into the working life of a video shooter ? how to identify and land your ideal job, and work successfully with ego-crazed collaborators
* End of chapter study guides with review questions for educators
A companion website provides supplemental materials, including video tutorials based on the lessons in the book
Visual Effects for Film and Television, 1st Edition
Author : M Mitchell
Published: 20 Sep 2004
Imprint: Focal Press
An essential quick reference which provides the latest techniques and practices in the area of special effects
* Offers an invaluable insight into the use of special effects in film and television
* Step-by-step coverage from moving camera through to post production for ease of understanding
* Learn all the skills and techniques required from the only text available on the subject
* An invaluable insight into the use of visual effects in film and television
* Fully illustrated with diagrams to show you step-by-step techniques
* Covers visual effects processes from front-of-camera to post-production
* Integrated approach to film, video and digital techniques
* Redefines the rules of photography so that they can be broken for effects
* Shows the line of development from the oldest to the newest processes
* A must for cinematographers, editors, designers and students of VFX alike
* Everything you need to know to plan and supervise visual effects shots
* Essential reading for anyone working in commercials/advertising photography or effects
Written by an experienced professional, this manual is the essential guide to understanding the principles and background of modern visual effects.
Visual effects are at the forefront of a digital revolution in the film and video industry and are becoming more and more important to movie language. This book teaches the practical techniques and skills required to incorporate effects successfully into both film and television production.
Students on media courses, professional broadcast production staff retraining/multiskilling, professionals on industry training courses, new entrant broadcast staff
Over the past few years, HDV has burst onto the professional video production landscape and is changing the world of high-definition acquisition. Are you ready to make the transition to HDV? Let this book, with its clear, unbiased overview of HDV, be your guide. More than a catalog of HDV products, this book provides you with perspective on the driving forces behind high-definition, technical information about digital video technologies that’s easy to follow, and real-world tips for getting the most out of your HDV investment. The book also includes a tear-out focusing chart, HDV resource guide, and detailed glossary for quick reference, making it a timely and valuable resource for video professionals and students.
Working with HDV provides the answers to some of the big questions surrounding this exciting format:
– Why has HDV become so popular so quickly?
– Is HDV right for your next project?
– What are your HDV camcorder/equipment options?
– How does HDV differ from other video formats?
– Why is shooting with HDV similar to shooting with a film camera?
– How will you manage your HDV post production workflow?
– Does HDV make good business sense for your operation?
– What are the alternatives to HDV on the market?
Don’t get left behind as HDV momentum continues to build–get up and running quickly with this handy guide that demystifies what to use and how to use it.