AVID UNCUT: WORKFLOWS / TIPS / TECHNIQUES FROM HOLLYWOOD PROS
Leverage the full power of Avid Media Composer with this essential guide from an Avid guru. Master timesaving tricks and techniques that utilize the latest Media Composer features and state-of-the-art workflows. Learn the secrets of the postproduction professionals from box office blockbusters like Harry Potter, I am Legend, Dark Shadows, Men in Black II, Charlie’s Angels, 42, and The Last of the Mohicans, as well as primetime hits likeSMASH, Big Bang Theory, Weeds, The Mindy Project, and MythBusters.
In Avid Uncut, Steve Hullfish taps into the expertise of the world’s top editors to share in-depth, behind-the-scenes secrets and best practices that will boost your editing and color correction skills to the next level. Five distinct sections cover:
- Pre-post, including discussion of metadata, prepping ScriptSync, decomposing, and more
- Settings, with tips on keyboard optimization, bin settings, and import/export settings
- Off-line workflows on trimming, multicam editing, using Phrasefind, audio, and stereoscopic 3D
- Effects, such as 3rd party plugins, 3D warp effects, and Animatte
- On-line workflows for efficiently and beautifully finishing your work, including step-by-step tutorials for RED and ARRI Alexa workflows
Also featured are extensive tips dedicated to helping FCP editors switch over to Avid, as well as a companion website (www.focalpress.com/cw/hullfish) loaded with video tutorials of the techniques discussed in the book and project files, including RED and ARRI Alexa footage, that turn Avid Uncut into an invaluable, hands-on workshop!