Z-Finder Pro 2.5x for 3.2″ Screens
THIS Z-FINDER WILL FIT THE CANON 5D MIII AND THE NIKON D800
The Z-Finder Pro 2.5x for 3.2″ screens is another one of Zacuto’s Optical Viewfinders that allows small bodied DSLR cameras with 3.2″ screens to have the correct form factor for video. It offers 2.5x focusable magnification (3x is available),a 40mm diameter Zacuto optical designed lens, an anti-fog coating protective cover, an eyecup preventing extraneous light leakage, a diopter and a field of view perfectly matched to 3 LCD screens. The diopter allows you to dial in the focus to match your eye. If you need extra focal point you can use the Z-Finder Extender Frames. The Z-Finder Pro 2.5x has a diopter range of -4.75 and up (unlimited with extender frames). These are semi-permanently stackable frames that attach to the skirt of the Z-Finder Pro and extend the Z-Finder glass further way from the LCD screen for people who are farsighted.
The Z-Finder Pro uses our Gorilla Baseplate and Z-Finder mounting frame to mount to the camera. The Gorilla Baseplate attaches to the bottom of your camera using a ¼ 20 screw and the Z-Finder mounting frame attaches to the Gorilla Baseplate using thumb screws. The rubber back mounting frame does not attach to your LCD; it is held in place against your LCD with pressure. This method allows you to quickly remove the Z-Finder Pro by snapping it off the frame. If you want to remove the entire mounting frame from your camera, you can do so by loosening the thumb screws and pulling up on the metal mounting frame to release it.
The Z-Finder Pro 2.5x for 3.2″ Screens includes:
– 3 Extender Frames
– Gorilla Plate with Z-Finder 3.2″ Mounting Frame for short bodied DSLR cameras (Canon 5D Mark III, Nikon D800)
– Lens Cap & Protective Boot
– Lanyard Hook and Lanyard
– Z-Finder Dust Cover
– 2.5x lens with an anti-fog coating protective cover
– extra anti-fog coating protective cover*
1. If you already have a Z-Finder, you can purchase just the Z-Finder 3.2 Frame for small body cameras.
2. The anti-fog coating protective covers are expendable. They act as a protective cover to your lens so your lens does not get damaged and they also help prevent the fogging of the lens.
3. If you are using a battery grip on your small bodies DSLR camera with 3.2 screens, you will need a different frame that is not yet available. If you have a taller body camera with a 3.2 screen like the Canon 1Dx, you will need a 3.2 Tall Frame which is not yet available. These will be available around mid- June.
4. The Z-finder is a magnifier and as such will magnify the sun and could damage the LCD screen if the sun is allowed to shine directly through the Z-finder lens. This is not a defect but a physical property. Caution should be taken to avoid sun magnification.
5. The tapped holes on the bottom of the Gorilla plate are offset from the center of the lens. This is only a concern if you are using the Gorilla plate with other rigs that need the matte box in line with the lens/mounting screw hole.